Kirsch & Clark has been offering Elder Law and Medicaid Planning services since 1989. We offer the following, depending on your needs:
- Small Estate Planning (under $5 million) for couples, individuals, and families; including Wills.
- Special Needs Trusts for individuals receiving federal or state benefits (such as Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income).
- Testamentary Special Needs Trusts (established by a Will) for a surviving spouse or surviving disabled individual who is receiving state or federal benefits.
- Protection of disabled and elderly individuals and their property with Financial (or Business) Powers of Attorney, Health Care Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, Guardianships, and Conservatorships.
- Medicaid Planning for in-home care and/or facility care such as a nursing home or certified adult family home. We help you and your family maneuver the complexities of income and resource eligibility of payment of long term care through the Medicaid Program, as well as plan for Medicaid’s impact at death.
Elder Law and Medicaid Planning are usually handled on an hourly fee basis though we can sometimes offer a flat fee for some services. We will discuss the fee arrangement before we start work on your legal issues.